Wednesday, July 26, 2006

World Peace for Maegan

If you are wondering what happened to me? Well, I've been stuck at One Degree Asia. Yes, it's work. Just a fancy sounding name. But, work. Meaningful work.

With over 200 delegates from 18 different countries in Singapore for the 5 day festival, you can imagine how busy all of us at Young Leaders Foundation are. Beyond that, I was also trying to organise my wife's suprise birthday party and my mum's 60th birthday party all within two weeks of my event. And I've barely survived.

Where's Maegan in this whole thing? Well, I've basically been leaving home and coming home to a sleeping baby. Today was no exception. But one with a little surprise.

I've just came home from the accomodation where foreign delegates are staying and each time I meet with them for chats, each time I feel energised and feel that Maegan will have a good world to live in.

Barely 30min ago, I was sitting on a bench with 5 guys. Nothing spectaciular except that they are Pakistani's and Indians. Seeing them laugh and joke with each other is an incredible sight to watch.

Thinking about Maegan, I think she will have a good world to live in. Where this generation of young people can create history by learning love and forgive. I keep thinking about what the future holds for her.

And if my convesations with these delegates are to go by, I think we can potentiall have peace in our world. I like that especailly when Maegan is going to be here for a long time.

So yes, I miss Daphne and I miss Maegan heaps. But hopfully Maegan will look back and see today what her dad has accomplished can make her proud.

That would be nice. :o)

p.s. do check back once in a while, have been busy at the festival. Normal frequency will resume tomorrow.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers