Thursday, July 20, 2006

One Hour

one hoiu.r wsas al;l i hasd in betwren meetytings,.

Between MCYS at Thomson Road to Office at Chinatown, I have one hour to decide what to do. Usually, I'll drive into town and walk around in my playground seeing toys that I dream to have. It's fun walking around seeing new stuff and comparing prices. The playground? Funan the IT mall.

Or, I would normally head back into office squeezing in dinner downstairs at the noodle store while thinking about what we need to accomplish at my next meeting.

But today, I came home. Why? Because I miss Maegan and Daphne.

With One Degree Asia coming up just next tuesday, I've been at the office much later than I normally have. Even if I'm at home, I'm always on the computer checking emails, replying emails and working on documents needed for the Festival. But today, this one hour I have, I came home to see Maegan.

And my reward? A smile when I said "Hello!".

I got to carry her, play with her, cuddle her all within this one hour that I have. And Maegan was great. She was being wiped clean by my helper when I first came back, she changed into a really beautiful outfit and she laid in her cot looking at me when I talked to her. She's simply adorable.

It's a great feeling being dad. The time you spend, the little that you have sometimes, with your child is wonderful. I enjoyed coming home in between meetings. If I get the chance, I think I'll do it again. No doubt about that.

And yes, I even had time to write this post. See the first sentence? That's when I was blogging while carrying Maegan.

Hmm.. you can say I was B.U.I. - Blogging Under Influence. :o)
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers