Thursday, June 08, 2006

Leaving home

5 mins and I'll leave on a Qantas flight to Cairns for work. 5 days. Without Daphne, without Maegan. Travelling isn't the same anymore without family.

I used to love travelling. I love the flights, the movies on board, the meeting of friends, meetings, working in another country. It was great travelling. Keyword: Was.

Now, leaving alone without Daphne and Maegan feels different. This is the first time I'm leaving as a dad. Never quite processed how I would feel. Didn't quite expect to be so difficult.

Just got off the phone with Daphne and she asked if I wanted to talk to Maegan. I said yes and there on the other side, wailing, crying. It's time to feed. Makes you miss the crying when you are travelling. When you are there in person, it's a different story.

So here I am, at Changi Airport Terminal 2 leaving for work. My 5 mins is up. Gates closing and I need to log off. Hmm...

To be continued ...
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers