Tuesday, February 12, 2008

How do one deal with two?

Seriously. How does one deal with two?


I've always wondered how being a father of two feels like. It would be a wild feeling wouldn't it? It would be fun. It would be lots of laughter, games and endless rounds of hugs and kisses.

There will be play days and funfairs where sisters goes hand in hand into the merry-go-round and asking their daddy for more. There would be two beautiful girls, one in each arm of mine, sleeping and tired from day of playing and running.

It would be like that. But someone forgot to tell me that those times don't come until much later.

Now, it's one crying baby with one jumping off the great wall of sofa. It's one yelling because of dirty diapers and the other grabbing your legs for raisins. It's one breast feeding while the other looks on and asks you for milk. (One I can't give of course)

It's seriously one after the other. There isn't a time to pause to think, to strategise. To come up with action plans or lists of things to buy. You just do from the moment you are up till the night when you have time to wind down when both are finally asleep.

Yes, Daphne does most of the caretaking with Nina and our confinement nanny finally came today but it's funny being dad. You are you and there are some things you do as dads that no one can replace. I can't point a finger to it but it's true.

So how does one really deal with two?

For now, I'll just live in the dreams of the days to come while I enjoy this period where they both looks adorable and totally in love with me. One because I give her raisins and the other, because I carry her till she sleeps.

It works. Part and parcel of being a dad I guess. Twice over and loving it.
:o)
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers