Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hate being sick

I hate being sick.

Yes, I'm down with a flu, high fever and a very sore throat. No thanks to the thick smog right outside of my windows as I post this entry. Yes. The haze has nailed another victim.

Apart from the fact that I cannot work well and cannot think well, apart from the fact that I have to postpone my Board Meeting because I am in no position to present anything to anyone, apart from the fact that even though I'm sick at home, my office called me non-stop, I hate being sick because I cannot carry Maegan.

I woke up this morning, groggy from medication, stumbled into my living room and I saw Maegan, sitting on the couch looking straight at me. Hi! I said and I walked over and 2 metres out I stopped. Better not so close I tell myself lest I infect her with my "hazimonia".

As she looked at her dad standing about 2 metres away, she must be thinking to herself "Why aren't you carrying me daddy?" But I can't baby. Daddy is sick.

How I wish she can understand.

Feeling a little better tonight, I managed to get closer to Maegan, kissed her cute little feet but not her face. Played with her but just not carrying her.

I need to get well. I want to be well. Not just because my Board Meeting is tomorrow but because I want to carry Maegan. It feels funny not being about to carry my daughter, even if it is just for a day. Sigh...

Tomorow. There's always tomorrow. I'll carry her tomorrow. :o)
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers