Monday, February 26, 2007

And the Oscar goes to ...

For the first time in almost 12 years, I'm going to miss the Oscars happening tomorrow 9am Singapore time.

I just love the Oscars. I love the way it's done. I love the somewhat rehearsed "unrehearsed" thank you speeches that normally ends with thanking God for their Oscar winning role that is almost ungodly given the flowery languages that modern films contains.

But I'm going to miss it tomorrow. Why? Because I've got a class scheduled. A breaking of tradition to impact the leaders of tomorrow. I take the latter anytime.

Coming back to why I love Oscars, it's really a love affair with great films. Because great films are worth the time to sit in a cinema over and over again, in awe of the magic of the movies.

Every film has a compelling story plot, lovable protaganist, hated antagonist and the magic of pivotal moment where the whole film almost make or break.

Watching Maegan grow up is almost to me like my love affair with great films and Oscars. It used to be that I would make sure I catch every film nominated for Best Film category before the Oscars, like I would make sure I catch every of Maegan's growing moments.


Watching the role reversal between Daphne and I being sometimes the antagonist and Maegan forever being the protaganist.

And like most great films, it lingers on the minds and conversations of people with almost every conversation starting with "did you see Pulp Fiction?" and exchange that opening line with "Maegan's so cuuuutttee. Who does she looks like?" (duh .. cute ... me .. catch the drift ..hee)

Every so often, a pivotal moment arise where Maegan will either stand on her own without support for almost 20 seconds and her parent's jaws wide open in amazement. Or the recent time where she would utter almost comprehensible words that we would take pains to dicipher as if we were Tom Hanks in Da Vinci Code.

It will make a great film I think simply watching Maegan grow. It's a film that I'll never grow tired of. It's a film that makes you laugh mostly, angry at times at the protaganist, and cry when sad moments gets written.

It will be a film that has everything an epic will hail and more importantly, like all Oscar winning films, great looking actors and actresses.

As Shakespeare would say it "All the world's a stage, and every person plays a part, and mine ...

The happy good looking dad one."

:o) Enjoy your Oscars.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers