Monday, February 19, 2007

Blogging Memories

When you first start a blog, you often stop and wonder if anyone really takes precious time to read your blog at all. You place counters to see how many people actually viewed it and from what countries. After a while, it starts becoming a routine and whenever you blog, you see your blog's traffic.

As time progresses, the counters start taking a back seat and you find yourself blogging without really worrying about the fact if anyone is actually reading because your blog is more for you. It's your way of keeping memories.

Then comes a time when you know you are in deep trouble when your wife scolds you for not blogging because she spends time reading other people's blogs and you haven't blog for the last few weeks.

It tells you two things. One, at least your wife reads your blog. Two, your subtle hints of getting a XBox 360 is reaching the right ears ... well ... more like the right pair of eyes.

That's me for the last few weeks.

It has been a great start to the year which also means that I'm getting busier. Maegan's growing older which also means that she is getting to be more of a handful. A crying non-crawling baby is a whole lot easier to take care of then a screaming speed crawler. (I'll come to that in another post)

The one thing no one told me about being dad and running a not-for-profit enterprise at the same time is that time becomes the most sought after commodity, displacing many other things, even, money. Apparently, it gets worse as you grow older.

So this Chinese New Year, I'm sneaking time at my brother's place blogging. Maegan's sleeping and everyone else is watching Happy Feat.

I've got so much I want to blog but I just need to find time that I can blog meaningfully. Because this blog is my way of capturing memories that often skips me by each day. So many things that happens between work and family passes me by because I don't take time to sit, remember and reflect all that has happened. The happy moments and sometimes, painful moments. Both very much a part of my memory.

If you are like Daphne, often returning to this blog to see how Maegan is doing, I apologise for the lack of updates. This Chinese New Year on, it should get better.

Because if I don't start blogging, I may miss the many moments that Maegan has in this wonderful phase that she's at. The speedy crawler phase where a blink of the eye often determines if the vase on the living room side table drops or not.

Do pop in once in a while because wherever you are, however often you read this blog, you are very much a part of this memory lane as we see Maegan grow up together.

Hmmm... did I mention anything about Daphne reading about the XBox?

Oh well, nevermind. :o)

By the way, Happy Chinese New Year to you. Our first lunar new year with Maegan. It has been a blast!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers