Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Little Miss Maegan growing up

Something spectacular happened on this third day of Chinese New Year. So much so that I'm going to put aside a number of other happenings to talk about this one thing.

It happened just a few hours ago when little miss Maegan was due for bed. Normally, it would take our helper Nina tens of minutes to carry her, coax her and pat her to bed.

Often, she would fuss and cry until either Daphne or I enters the room to rescue her from the evil clutches of Nina who at that very time means bedtime, something she prefers not to at that moment.

But tonight, it was different. She fussed as usual but also, longer than usual.


Daphne and I were in our room when the same cries emits through our baby monitor and to a point, Daphne asked me to check on her. Perhaps to rescue her again and normally to the sanctuary of our bedroom where she will play until she's ready for bed.

As I prepared myself for the inevitable, the cries suddenly stops and peace decended on earth.

I peeped into Maegan's room to find out what's happening and there was little miss Maegan, lying on her bed rolling with her eyes nicely shut, going to sleep all on her own.

She didn't want Nina to carry her. No patting tonight thank you very much. I'm going to sleep on my own tonight she seems to say.

And sleep she did, on her own without assistance at all.

Wow. Like every good thing, I'm praying, fasting and petitioning God that it will not be a fluke.

I've just checked the moon. Thankfully it's not blue.

So, little miss Maegan is really growing up. It's one night that absolutely made my day.

:o)

p.s. New Album's out by the way. >>
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers