Thursday, November 23, 2006

Between a rock and a hard place

I just realised that being dad doesn't stop at my daughter. It includes managing grandparents.

In management, we call it Managing Upwards.

Reason for my enlightenment? Maegan's foray into the world of solids. She loves it. She loves the taste of carrots, veges and fish. Yes, fish at six months. We did recall our doctor saying to keep fish away for until she is a little older but baby nutrition books seem to say otherwise.

Either way, Maegan loves it but not her skin it seems. She's basically broke out in a slight rash and we have no clue which ingredient is causing it.

Asking Daphne's mum to stop feeding her fish ends up with her being upset about her work of love. Talk about being in between a rock and a hard place.


My mum is no different.

It seems that the moment Maegan can take solids, every food is a possible try for her by my mum. It's not just with Maegan but with my niece and nephew as well. She will try to give them food that my brother and sister-in-law says no to but she will still try anyway.

What's up with grandparents? If being a new dad is hard enough, talk about managing new grand parents.

Hmm.. anyone have any suggestions? I can certainly make do with some at this moment. :o)
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers