Thursday, March 13, 2008

When does one learn to lie

When does one really learn to lie?

Recently after dinner, Maegan ran to me with her bottle of kids vitamin C in her hands asking for "two". She always says two because thats what she can remember using.

How old are you Maegan? "Two!"
What time did you sleep? "Two!"
How many sheeps are there in the book? "Two!"

Everything she associates with numbers is two.


So she comes running asking for two vitamin C. Being the smart daddy, and knowing that Daphne normally gives her the vitamin C around dinner, I asked her if mummy has already given her for the night.

"No!" was her reply.

I looked at my innocent daughter and almost ready to give her "two", I decided to ask Daphne in her room if she did already give her during dinner. To my "shock" or not so "shock", she said yes.

"Maegan ..." I said in a loud stern voice as I walk towards little miss Maegan in our living room "Daddy is asking you one more time, did mummy give you vitamin C just now?"

Without looking in my eyes and hiding her face in my lap, she nodded her head and said "Yes." And in a jiffy, she started her whimper which means she is about to cry.

It's amazing to see how kids grow and behave over time. It really makes me wonder when does one really learn to lie.

Do you know?

Bet you might be lying too! :o)

p.s. New Photos are out. Check it out!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers