Tuesday, January 08, 2008

1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,TEN!

In about eight hours, I'll be on a flight to Beijing for a four day trip.

Yes. Right in the middle of winter where the best news is temperature ranges from 5 to -5 degrees celcius and the bad news is that -10 degrees is not unheard of.

But this post isn't about my trip. It is about the night before leaving.

As usual, my frantic self tries to pack as much in as I can, last minute which leaves me very little time to play with Maegan. Thankfully, I have Janice that came over and played rounds after rounds of hide and seek.

I've always knew that Maegan loves hide and seek.

She would go into her room, stand beside the door and wait for people to look for her. Last night was different.

When Janice asked her play hide and seek, she zoomed off to my room and started counting ...

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, TEN!

And off she ran to look for Auntie Janice who's hiding in the most obvious of places. She would find her and back she goes again into our room and starts counting all over again.

I just sat there beside my bed of packing that needs to be stuffed into my luggage amazed at how my little miss Maegan is now counting to 10. It just came out of the blue. The most she counted was two and now, she's right up to 10. And audibly too.

It was such a joy simply watching her run after Janice looking to find her to only start counting the numbers all over again.

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, TEN!

Apart from my goodbye hug and kiss, watching her having so much fun is probably the best night I can remember of her before any of my flights. I've got it on my mobile and I can watch it over and over again when I miss her.



And yes, she did always miss counting 5, but being able to count to 10 already is an amazing thing to me.

Not going to let the missing 5 spoil all our fun together do we?

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, TEN! And off she goes again.

:o) Hide and seek anyone?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers