Monday, May 29, 2006

It's official. Poo has begun!

Saturday, 27 May 2006. The time was, in my half-awake and half asleep calculations, 2am, our confinement nanny entered our bedroom with Maegan in tow. She bore good news. Maegan, our little baby gal, all of 10 days old, has finally pooed on her own.

I have never been so happy about babies pooing before. But boy was I elated. Happy. Estatic! SHE POOED!!!!

In my previous post, I mentioned about how worried we were about her not pooing. The fact is, I got so worried that I decided to call a good friend who is a paedietrician for a second opinion and the answers that came back remained the same. Stay patient. The coming of poo is imminent.

Daphne's auntie also mentioned that something interesting happens to a baby when she hits 10 days old. It seems that after 10 days, babies starts to realise that they are no longer in their mothers womb and function normally, including pooing.

So 10 days to the dot and almost to the hour, Maegan pooed on her own. It's hard to fathom how anyone can be so happy about poo but we did.

The revolution has begun. Revolution of our lives really. The poo cleaning days are here and here to stay. Perhaps it's God's way of making me happy about cleaning poo. Some of you may know, I'm adverse to cleaning babies poo. I've always told Daphne that I'll take care of nail cutting, bathing, changing clothes etc but she takes care of poo.

I might have just changed my mind. God, as usual, is cleverest.

But then again, all these emotions of relief, happiness happened at 2am. My mind was in a state of flux I will argue in the courtroom of parenting. "Objection , your honour!" My mind isn't working, would be my defence, when I said I'll take care of the poo. And the evidence of that is the memory I had of that day, I stirred to hear Maegan pooed. I smiled and said to Daphne "Yeah!" And I fell back asleep.

And in the hushness of the parenting courtroom, I hear the hammer rattle thru the silence and Judge Maegan declared "Overuled!"
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers